This is both vegan (check your ramen to be sure) and fucking lovely. Serves one hungry person.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
- 150g silken tofu, drained cut into 3 slices
- 2tbsp plain flour, well-seasoned with salt & pepper
- 300ml vegetable stock & 300ml boiling water or 600ml veg stock from cube, made at half strength.
- 1tbsp white miso paste
- 2 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1 sheet wakame seaweed, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 pack instant ramen
- 50g Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Baby spinach
- Stick the flour on a plate, and season well with salt and pepper. Don’t skimp.
- Press the tofu between sheets of kitchen paper to extract excess liquid. Coat all sides in the seasoned flour.
- Fry over a medium heat for about 3 minutes a side, until golden brown and crunchy.
- Stick the stock and the water in a pan, bring to a boil, and mix in the miso paste. Reduce to a fast simmer.
- Add the scallion whites, mushrooms (if using), and wakame to the broth, stir, then add the noodles. Continue to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Serve in a large bowl. Top with the tofu and scallion greens, and beansprouts/baby spinach/sweetcorn if desired.